Welcome To Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking
Pick up at 23h00 wita (Kuta Area) from your hotel lobby and we will drive you to start point at Pasar Agung temple take around 1,5 hours drive. When you arrive there we introduce you with the local guide who will look after you during the program. You will do mount climbing is around 4 hours up and 4 hours down, just following our guide from the start until finish.
When you arrive on the top of mount Agung during waiting for the sunrise we serve you with light breakfast. While you waiting for the sunrise you can enjoy the beautiful panorama of mount Agung. Our mount Agung Trekking Trip will give you a once in the lifetime chance to experience a holy trekking trip, on the holiest mountain in Bali.
Start from Pasar Agung Temple (Hindu’s Temple of the merchants), and see the awesome beauty of Besakih Temple (Hindu’s mother temple). Catch the magnificent sight of the red sky when it appears during the sunlight and a beautiful sunrise from the top of the mountain and watches Denpasar City, Sanur, Nusa Dua, while inhale the fresh mountain air and feel the cold breeze.
After more than 100 years of slumber, mount Agung came back to life on February 18, 1963. Loud noises and a cloud rising from the crater were noticed, then the ejection of bombs and blocks. On February 24, 1963, highly viscous lava flows began to travel down the northern flank of the volcano, reaching a length of 7 km in about 18 to 20 days and an elevation of 510 m above sea level.
The flows were about 0.5-0.8 km wide and 30-40 m thick. Rough estimates indicate a total volume of these flows of about 50 million cubic meters. After that phase, the eruption became more and more explosive, and on March 17, 1963, the paroxysmal sub-Plinian eruption took place, generating an eruption column of 8-10 km height that collapsed to form devastating pyroclastic flows.
These flows reached distances of up to 15 km from the crater following valleys to the south and east, at speeds of about 60 km/hour. Many villages were destroyed and more than 1000 people lost their lives. Heavy tephra fall occurred in areas west of the volcano, where up to 50-70 cm of ash were deposited. In May, the south peak of the crater wall collapsed, lowering its height for about 200 meters. The lowest crater wall at present is the upper end of Langon river (2600 m).
Mount Agung Hiking Itinerary :
- 23h30 – 12.00 wita : Pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
- 01h45 wita : Arrival at Pasar Agung Temple starting point.
- 01h45 wita : Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06h00 wita : Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
- 07h30 wita : Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
- 11h00 wita : Arrival at starting point and boarding car.
- 13h00 wita : Return arrival at your hotel.
- Pick up and return to your hotel by private air conditioned car.
- Experiences private local guides English speaking.
- Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area.
- Drinking water, Coffee or tea & Breakfast.
- Walking Stick & Headlamp.
What Should You Bring :
- Hiking Boots, Long pant & Warm Jacket
- Backpack & Camera
|PICK UP TIME :|
|UBUD : 23h40 wita||SANUR : 12h00 wita|
|KUTA : 23h40 wita||NUSA DUA : 23h40 wita|
|LEGIAN : 23h40 wita||SEMINYAK : 23h40 wita|
Activities Detail :
- Activity Level : High to Extreme.
- Hiking Duration : 8 hours (up & down).
- Temperature : 6 – 12° Celsius (At the summit).
- Women are not allowed to climb up the Volcano during their menstruation period.
- Bring only what you need, the rest leave them in your hotel.
- Some cash for tipping the guide and driver is recommended.
PRICE START FROM : USD 130 / PERSON (Minimum 2 person)