ON A VACATION TO THE CITY OF SURABAYA AND EXPLORING MOUNT BROMO AND MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL AND TAKE A LOOK SUNRISE AT BROMO MOUNT IN JAVA EAST
Come and explore the volcanoes of East Java! Bromo and Ijen are waiting for you. This tour is combined with visiting Jabung temple, a cultural heritage site of East Java, and soft trekking to Madakaripura waterfall. At the end of the tour, you might combine it with shopping in Surabaya.
Start/End: Surabaya Airport – Banyuwangi – Kawah Ijen – Gunung Bromo – Bromo Sunrise Tour – Madakaripura – Surabaya Airport
Duration: 4Days and 3Nights (4D/3N)
Departure Date Of Visit: Organize Yourself
Day 01: SURABAYA AIRPORT, TRANSFER TO BANYUWANGI (L,D,B)
Upon your arrival in Juanda International Airport in Surabaya, the team member of Partner Local Company will meet and greet you. We would suggest you to take a flight that arrive in Surabaya before noon.
- When you’re ready, we’re driving straight to Banyuwangi. It takes around 7-8 hours to get there. We might stop at a local restaurant for lunch or dinner.
- Upon arrival in Banyuwangi, check in to Ketapang Indah hotel.
- This evening is your free time to prepare midnight departure to Kawah Ijen.
Day 02: KAWAH IJEN BLUE FLAME AND TRANSFER TO BROMO (B)
- We’ll be leaving for Kawah Ijen at midnight.
- You’ll be transferred to a 4-WD vehicle and accompanied by our English speaking local guide. The local driver will take you to Pal Tuding. From here, you need to walk up the hill. It is quite steep at three quarter of the walk. When it’s getting closer to the crater, the path is quite flat. Generally, it takes 2 hours to get to the edge of Kawah Ijen.
- To see the magnificent blue flame of Kawah Ijen closely, our local tour guide will walk with you down to the lake of Ijen.
- This midnight tour to Kawah Ijen usually finish around 8h00am. When you’re ready, we’re driving back to the hotel. Have breakfast. Clean up yourself and pack up.
- Check out from the hotel before noon. We continue our journey to Gunung Bromo.
- It takes around 5-6 hours to get there. We’ll visit Jabung Temple for a short break.
- Upon arrival in Bromo, check in to hotel.
You might book a hotel in Bromo in advance through online booking systems. Alternatively, Trip N Treat can book it for you. We have contract rates with several hotels in Bromo such as Lava View, Cafe Lava, Java Banana and Yoschi. It subjects to the room availability of respective hotels.
- This evening is your free time.
Day 03: BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – MADAKARIPURA (B,L.D)
- Morning call at 3h30am.
- You’ll be transferred to another 4-WD vehicle in Bromo. Then, the jeep driver will take you to Penanjakan sunrise view point at 4h00am.
- Around 7h00am, we’re moving to the Crater of Bromo. The jeep driver will take you up to the parking area. From here, you may ride on a horseback or just walk to the stairs of Bromo.
- Bromo sunrise tour usually finish around 9h00am. Back to the hotel. Pack up. Have breakfast. Then, check out.
- From Bromo, we’re heading towards the Madakaripura waterfall. Our tour in this waterfall might take around 2 hours in total.
- When you’re ready, we continue our journey to Surabaya in the afternoon. Check in to hotel upon your arrival in Surabaya.
- We can organise a shopping trip in Surabaya this evening. Alternatively, you might want to just chill out in the hotel.
Day 04: HOTEL DEPARTURE - AIRPORT (B)
- Preparing yourself for your departure back home.
- If you’re taking afternoon or evening flight, we can take Surabaya city tour or another shopping session.
- Have a safe trip back home. See you another time!
- Private AC transport (transfer and tour as indicated on the itinerary).
For 2 until 4 guests, we’ll use Avanza type of car. For 5 and 6 guests, we’ll use a minibus with a spacious luggage room.
- Jeep transfer to Kawah Ijen and Gunung Bromo.
- 1 night accommodation at Ketapang Indah Hotel in Banyuwangi.
- English speaking tour guide and local guide in Madakaripura.
- 1 earloop masker for each tour participant to Kawah Ijen.
- Entrance fee to Madakaripura.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Entrance fee to Gunung Bromo.
- Accommodation in Bromo and Surabaya.
- Flight tickets, airport tax and travel insurance.
- Extra tips for the tour guides and the driver, particularly when you feel happy with their service.